Kuwaiti Metro bids likely to be accepted by the end of the year
Bids are likely to be accepted for the first phase of Kuwait's Metro project before the end of the year, an official was quoted as saying.
Study for the first phase is almost complete and awaits the approval of the Higher Committee for Government-sanctioned Projects ahead of accepting bids, Kuna news agency quoted director of the technical apparatus for development projects Adel Al-Roumi as saying.
The committee will hold a meeting next month to adopt and approve bidding papers, Al-Roumi told Kuna. Al-Roumi said the Kuwait metro project needs vast infrastructure and as soon as the bid winner is announced, work on the project will begin in 2013. The metro project is expected to be fully ready in 2020.
- Tourism is the real target of the Tunisia attacks: industry set to suffer
- FIFA scandal probe: No deaths in 2022 World Cup construction, Qatar says
- The UAE harnesses the power of celebrity endorsements
- Gazans reach beyond Israeli blockade through start-up
- France is playing a risky dating game in the Gulf: experts
- Kuwait Metro bids likely by year-end
- Kuwait: Telecom industry competition is set to increase with entry of new player
- What oil price plunge? Kuwait to spend $47 billion on infrastructure projects this year
- Half-a-million to visit Qatar during World Cup 2022
- Tunisia government determination marks new GSM license tender