Kuwaiti oil firm chooses banks for loans
Kuwait Foreign Petroleum Exploration Company (Kufpec) has reportedly picked five banks to arrange a $750 million, five-year loan.
Kufpec has chosen Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi, HSBC Holdings, JP Morgan Chase, National Bank of Kuwait (NBK) and Royal Bank of Scotland to arrange the loan, reported Reuters, citing three banking sources. NBK and JP Morgan are said to be coordinating.
A period of marketing to other banks is expected to start shortly. Should the deal commence syndication in the next few days, it is expected to close by the end of the first quarter, Reuters quotes one of the sources as saying.
- Gazans reach beyond Israeli blockade through start-up
- France is playing a risky dating game in the Gulf: experts
- Egyptian stocks plummet as Yemen confict deepens
- Mission to Mars: UAE plans Arab region's first unmanned probe
- Supervising the stoners: Egyptian tobacco traders call for the legalization of cannabis