Kuwaiti oil firm chooses banks for loans
Kuwait Foreign Petroleum Exploration Company (Kufpec) has reportedly picked five banks to arrange a $750 million, five-year loan.
Kufpec has chosen Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi, HSBC Holdings, JP Morgan Chase, National Bank of Kuwait (NBK) and Royal Bank of Scotland to arrange the loan, reported Reuters, citing three banking sources. NBK and JP Morgan are said to be coordinating.
A period of marketing to other banks is expected to start shortly. Should the deal commence syndication in the next few days, it is expected to close by the end of the first quarter, Reuters quotes one of the sources as saying.
- Tourism is the real target of the Tunisia attacks: industry set to suffer
- FIFA scandal probe: No deaths in 2022 World Cup construction, Qatar says
- The UAE harnesses the power of celebrity endorsements
- Gazans reach beyond Israeli blockade through start-up
- France is playing a risky dating game in the Gulf: experts