Kuwaiti bank deposits, assets and loans go up
Kuwaiti bank deposits, assets and loans continued to increase during January 2006, recording its highest figures during the past decade.
Monthly statistics by the Central Bank of Kuwait (CBK) showed that the grand total of the local banks deposits hit some 13.6 billion Kuwaiti dinars (KD) last month, an increase of KD 1.61 million of the same period last year. (One Kuwaiti dinar equals 3.4 US dollars.)
Private sector deposits were the highest in local banks which reached KD 12.
- GCC Investment Strategy and Sectors Outlook for 2006
- Kuwaiti banks record decade's highest asset increase
- Against their better judgement? UAE banks finding more and more ways to lure customers into more property loans
- Lebanon: Customer deposits in local banks up by some 23%
- Going small? Jordan to finance SME's