Landmark deal for Mall of the Emirates
Landmark Group is to take 140,000 square feet of shopping space in Mall of the Emirates, the Majid Al-Futtaim shopping, leisure and entertainment development.
A total of five top brands in the Landmark portfolio will be featured in the project, initially announced under the name of Souk Al-Nakheel and due to open in September 2005. These are Home Center, Splash, Shoe Mart, Lifestyle and Baby Shop.
The Landmark group was among the first to express interest in Mall of the Emirates early on this year and was keen to extend its partnership with Majid Al-Futtaim Group that began with the opening of a store for three of its brands in Sharjah City Center. Another major retail group, Broadway Trading, also recently announced it was leasing more than 152,000 square feet in Mall of the Emirates.
The Landmark Group is one of the largest retail companies in the Gulf, operating more than 240 retail stores with 2.2 million square feet of area. Mall of the Emirates will include over 2.4 million square feet of shopping, leisure and entertainment space, the largest Carrefour hypermarket in Dubai, a 14 screen multiplex cinema, and a 400-room hotel. — (menareport.com)
© 2003 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- A national priority: Mall of Egypt on track for Jan 2016 opening
- Broadway Trading signs leasing agreement with Souk Al-Nakheel
- Kempinski Hotel Mall of the Emirates to become landmark destination for tourists in the region
- Drake & Scull International wins AED 110 million contract for mall of the Emirates’ redevelopment project
- Dubai: Landmark Gulf Group - Kurt Geiger open doors