Lebanon's Economy and Trade Minister holds talks to help deal with current crises
Minister of Economy and Trade Nicolas Nahhas, met today (Monday) before noon with a delegation from the Agro-Food Industry syndicate in Lebanon headed by George Nasrawi. Discussions reportedly featured high on the issues of the Agro-Food Industry sector in Lebanon in light of the current economy circumstances and the difficulties of which industrialists are suffering.
Following the visit, Nasrawi said that they asked the Minister for setting a law that protects industrialists and traders and ends retail operations chaos.
He added that they also discussed means to develop Agro-food industries exports which underwent lately obvious deterioration due to high production expenses.
Nasrawi said that they touched full understanding from the minister who promised to start preparing a law for retail selling , especially that they presented to him a copy of a law implemented in some European countries to see how much of it could be applied in Lebanon.
Later, Nahhas met with Brazilian Ambassador Paolo Roberto De Fontoura in a farewell visit. Discussions reportedly featured high on Lebanese-Brazilian economic relations and the Ambassador's achievement during his mission in Lebanon.
- Inedible oil: time to face the realities of food insecurity in the GCC
- Mena jack of all trades with projects totaling $2.5 trillion underway
- Giving their economies a 'new look': GCC headed towards the plastic option
- Does manufacturing hold the key to ending high unemployment in Jordan?
- Spotlight on Saudi women clothing manufacturing initiative