Lebanon expected to emerge as regional hub for healthcare tourism
Leading tourism companies in Lebanon have recently announced a strategic campaign to promote Lebanon as the regional hub for healthcare related tourism in the Middle East.
This initiative, endorsed by the National Council of Health tourism and the Lebanese government is aimed at boosting the country's economy by driving healthcare tourism traffic to the country.
At a recent press conference held in Dubai, K&M International Health Tourism and Alpha Tours Dubai announced plans to position Lebanon as a healthcare destination to residents of the United Arab Emirates (UAE) by introducing specialized holiday packages.
Lebanon is also currently the only country in the region to offer the Gastric Band Pacemaker, a new medical procedure, promoted by K&M International, that assists patients who need help losing weight and reducing their food intake.
The procedure has been tried and tested in Lebanon and is now being carried out by specialized doctors in the country. This revolutionary procedure enhances the image of Lebanon as the new destination for medical excellence. The Gastric Band Pacemaker procedure will be available at specified health centers and hospitals. — (menareport.com)
© 2004 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Saudi Arabian Airlines recognizes technology investments crucial to supporting region’s status as leading travel hub
- Tele-Medicine: Jordan as regional healthcare hub
- National rebranding efforts to accelerate Lebanon's transformation into modern tourist and business hub
- When cruising saves the economy: GCC's visa boosts tourism sector
- Government to enhance Lebanon’s image abroad