Lebanon's leader determines to achieve booming tourism sector
Prime Minister Najib Mikati said Monday that despite recent security incidents, Lebanon was still preparing to receive Arab and foreign tourists as usual, urging relevant ministers to work on making the tourism season a success.
“We are interested in reassuring everybody, especially friendly states which have taken measures regarding the travel of their people to Lebanon, that their security is part of ours and that we are keen on their safety as much as we are keen on the safety of the Lebanese,” Mikati said while chairing a meeting at the Grand Serail for the ministerial committee tasked with dealing with the tourism sector.
Earlier this month, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain and the United Arab Emirates asked its nationals not to travel to Lebanon and those residing there to leave.
Addressing Interior Minister Marwan Charbel, Finance Minister Mohammad Safadi and Foreign Minister Adnan Mansour, Mikati called for guaranteeing the success of the tourism season through preserving security and monitoring prices, among other measures.
- Tourism is the real target of the Tunisia attacks: industry set to suffer
- FIFA scandal probe: No deaths in 2022 World Cup construction, Qatar says
- The UAE harnesses the power of celebrity endorsements
- Gazans reach beyond Israeli blockade through start-up
- France is playing a risky dating game in the Gulf: experts
- Prince Alwaleed recognised for achievement by tourism sector
- Lebanese Tourism Ministry begins food safety courses
- TIMESHARE IS “NEXT GROWTH SECTOR”, SAY TOURISM LEADERS
- All Quiet on the Lebanon Front: A boom in Tourism?
- If they won't come here, we will bring it there! Behind Lebanon's booming franchise industry abroad