Libyan National Congress approves $53 billion budget
The National Congress approved the budget for the year 2013 of 66.8 billion Libyan dinars ($53 billion).
The budget has been approved at the 73rd meeting of the NG after intensive discussions and participation of the elected members of the NG.
The National Congress also made it imperative on the government of Ali Zidan to finalize state budgets over the past years before 31 December 2013.
- Tensions increase between Egypt, Italy over renewable energy projects
- In wake of failed coup, Turkey shuts down all Gulen-linked businesses
- Saudis, Jordanians top the list of Arab property buyers in Dubai
- Mandatory health insurance required for Dubai residents
- World Bank offers Jordan $1.4B over six years for Syria response