Libyan gas supplies secure - Eni CEO
After meeting with Libyan Prime Minister Dr Ali Zidan, Petroleum Minister Abdelbari al-Arusi and National Oil Co. Chairman Nuri Balrwin in Tripoli on March 11, Eni Chief Executive Officer Paolo Scaroni said Libya is a secure and stable gas supplier that can be depended on.
Scaroni came to Tripoli to witness the resumption of gas supplies from Mellitah complex 80 kms west of Tripoli after a brief halt.
"During the meeting, which was held in a cordial atmosphere, the parties shared the restart of Libyan gas exports to Italy from the Mellitah plant, which occurred in the last few days, underlining the importance of Libya as a source of security of gas supplies for Italy," Eni said as quoted by UPI.
The huge gas complex is a joint venture between Libya's National Oil Corp, NOC and Eni.
- Leaking gas pipe drives Libyan organizations into crisis mode
- Eni: Contract Signed with Energia Gas S.p.A. for the Supply of 2 Billion Cubic Metres of Libyan Natural Gas Per Annum
- Italian ENI, Gaz de France Sign Libyan Gas Supply Deal
- Libya resumes gas exports following clashes
- contract with Gaz de France agreed for the supply of 2 billion cubic metres a year of Libyan natural gas