Libya choses gasoline supplies
Libya's National Oil Corporation (NOC) has chosen Greek, Russian and Italian firms as the winners of a tender to supply it with around 2.5 million tonnes of gasoline in 2013, traders said last Thursday.
The companies named include Greece's Motor Oil Hellas, Italian refiner Saras and Litasco, the trading arm of Russia's Lukoil. Two trading sources said Swiss-based trading house Trafigura also had won part of the tender, Reuters reported.
It is yet to be known whether the full volume sought in the initial tender had been awarded, especially as NOC has not made public the results so far.
Libya lacks sufficient refining capacity to meet national demand for gasoline.
- Tourism is the real target of the Tunisia attacks: industry set to suffer
- FIFA scandal probe: No deaths in 2022 World Cup construction, Qatar says
- The UAE harnesses the power of celebrity endorsements
- Gazans reach beyond Israeli blockade through start-up
- France is playing a risky dating game in the Gulf: experts