Libya choses gasoline supplies
Libya's National Oil Corporation (NOC) has chosen Greek, Russian and Italian firms as the winners of a tender to supply it with around 2.5 million tonnes of gasoline in 2013, traders said last Thursday.
The companies named include Greece's Motor Oil Hellas, Italian refiner Saras and Litasco, the trading arm of Russia's Lukoil. Two trading sources said Swiss-based trading house Trafigura also had won part of the tender, Reuters reported.
It is yet to be known whether the full volume sought in the initial tender had been awarded, especially as NOC has not made public the results so far.
Libya lacks sufficient refining capacity to meet national demand for gasoline.
- Egyptian stocks plummet as Yemen confict deepens
- Mission to Mars: UAE plans Arab region's first unmanned probe
- Supervising the stoners: Egyptian tobacco traders call for the legalization of cannabis
- Ethiopia launches $2.8m research survey for Nile basin development
- UAE sweetens flotation regulations to attract more investment