Libya choses gasoline supplies
Libya has announced its gasoline suppliers for 2013 as the country lacks sufficient refining capacities
Click here to add Lukoil as an alert
Disable alert for Lukoil,
Click here to add Motor Oil Hellas as an alert
Disable alert for Motor Oil Hellas,
Click here to add National Oil Corporation as an alert
Disable alert for National Oil Corporation,
Click here to add Reuters as an alert
Disable alert for Reuters,
Click here to add Saras and Litasco as an alert
Disable alert for Saras and Litasco,
Click here to add Trafigura as an alert
Disable alert for Trafigura
Libya's National Oil Corporation (NOC) has chosen Greek, Russian and Italian firms as the winners of a tender to supply it with around 2.5 million tonnes of gasoline in 2013, traders said last Thursday.
The companies named include Greece's Motor Oil Hellas, Italian refiner Saras and Litasco, the trading arm of Russia's Lukoil. Two trading sources said Swiss-based trading house Trafigura also had won part of the tender, Reuters reported.
It is yet to be known whether the full volume sought in the initial tender had been awarded, especially as NOC has not made public the results so far.
Libya lacks sufficient refining capacity to meet national demand for gasoline.
- Nip, tuck: Dubai's grand plans for being a major player in medical tourism
- Zain, UNHCR, Facebook to bring free internet access to urban refugees in Jordan
- Yemen Central Bank headquarters to relocate from Sanaa to Aden
- IMF report details the crippling economic effects of conflict in MENA
- Start Up Lebanon entrepreneurs head to Silicon Valley Roadshow