Libya to give Lebanon 5,000 tones of oil in trade deal
Libya is to give Lebanon 5,000 tones of oil under an agreement aimed at strengthening relations between Tripoli and Beirut, Libyan foreign ministry spokesman Hassuna Shaush told AFP Wednesday.
The deal also provides for Lebanon to buy Libyan fertiliser, while Libya will purchase 15,000 tones of Lebanese apples and an unspecified quantity of tobacco.
In June Libya lifted a six-month suspension on visas for Lebanese visitors to the north African country, while its ambassador offered Tripoli's help in rebuilding southern Lebanon after Israel ended its 22-year occupation.
Lebanese officials were in Libya this week for the release of hostage Marie Moarbes, who has joint French and Lebanese nationality, one of six freed by Muslim rebels in the Philippines through Libyan mediation. - (AFP)
© Agence France Presse 2000
© 2000 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- S.Africa to export bananas to Libya
- Libya to Give Lebanon 5,000 Tons of Oil in Trade Deal
- Why are Yemen and Libya still festering: Mediation mess?
- Minister: Iraq Vows to Fight 'Smart' Sanctions, Boost Trade with Turkey
- Priority to economic considerations may open the door to fix political differences in the Arab world