Master plan for Mecca development approved
The Mecca Development Authority held a meeting Tuesday and approved the master plan for the development of the central region of this holy city. The 23-year plan aims at accommodating three million Saudis and expatriates and eight million pilgrims, Arab News reported.
Makkah Governor Prince Abdul Majeed, who chaired the meeting, said efforts were under way to implement new development projects such as the Jamal Omar housing project, King Abdul Aziz Road and Ajyad General Hospital.
- Abu Dhabi Urban Planning Council receives approval for Three pivotal Master Plans
- Mecca region Governor washes Holy Kaabah
- Saudi Arabia about to build a whole new city next to Mecca!
- Mecca: Major housing project planned
- Ma’an development company (MDC) accredited as master developer for Ma’an development area (MDA)