MasterCard pleased with Dubai Summer Surprises promotion
Throughout the duration of Dubai Summer Surprises (DSS) promotion, MasterCard offered all its cardholders the chance to win a 20,000 Emirati dirhams credit to their card on a weekly basis. Over the ten week period, MasterCard gave away a total of Dhs200,000 to ten MasterCard cardholders who included a United Arab Emirates (UAE) national, visitors from Kenya and Sri Lanka, and UAE residents from Lebanon, India and Egypt.
As well as the weekly prize, MasterCard cardholders were also given the opportunity to enter the MasterCard and DSMG daily prize draws for Dhs10,000. “The DSS promotion with DSMG has been very successful creating strong visibility for our brand across the city and the eighteen shopping malls that participated in the promotion,¨ explained Mohamed Belarj, senior vice president and general manager, MasterCard International, Middle East and North Africa.
Half of the MasterCard cardholders who won the 10 weekly prize draws were Citibank MasterCard cardholders. "The Dubai Summer Surprises promotion organised by MasterCard to increase card usage has contributed positively towards the use of Citibank MasterCard cards during this period. Card usage during the 2002 DSS increased by 33 percent as compared to the same period in 2001," said Nabeel Malik, consumer business head, Citibank. — (menareport.com)
© 2002 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- MasterCard Cardholders Set to Win Big in Dubai Summer Surprises Promotions
- MasterCard Worldwide and Octopus Travel Offer MasterCard Cardholders 10% Instant Discount During Dubai Summer Surprises 2008
- Middle East Consumers Clammer for MasterCard and Hilton Summer Promotion Escapes
- MasterCard, Skywards & Jumeirah Join Hands for Dubai Summer Surprises 2006
- mastercard worldwide confirms key sponsorship and official payment card role of dubai summer surprises 2007