Middle East investment activity in UK real estate market expected to rise
According to a new report, published by the London-based international property consultants DTZ, the United Kingdom remains the dominant real estate investment market in Europe, including for investors from the Middle East. The report, entitled “Money into Property,” said Middle East investment activity in the UK is expected to rise given the huge liquidity in the region due to the high oil prices and the lack of absorptive capacity of the GCC countries especially.
Middle East investment in the UK is dominated by “private and highly-leveraged investors”, including the Abu Dhabi royal family, which is the single largest Middle Eastern investor in the UK real estate market.
- Report: UK among most favored investment destinations for Islamic and Middle Eastern real estate funds
- Growing investment in European real estate from Middle East.
- Middle Eastern investors pouring billions into property market in this European city
- Sorry Dubai, sorry Beirut: real estate investors prefer to look West
- Dubai conference to discuss booming real estate market in Jordan, Bahrain, Lebanon and Qatar