Ministry of Finance to inform IMF-World Bank delegates of UAE's economic achievements
The United Arab Emirates (UAE) Ministry of Finance and Industry (MOFI) will provide the International Monetary Fund (IMF)-World Bank delegates at the Annual Meetings with comprehensive information regarding overall economic performance in the country, in addition to MOFI-driven reform initiatives in the form of two separate documents.
Both documents will look at the drive towards high performance government in the UAE with the first, entitled From Aspiration to Reality offering a profile of MOFI and the economy, and the second, entitled Driving Change outlining specific initiatives that MOFI has undertaken.
“This is the first time ever that the World Bank Group has chosen an Arab nation to host the Annual Meetings and represents a historical endorsement of the huge potential of the region and specifically of its confidence in the UAE,” said Minister of State for Finance and Industry, Khalfan Bin Kharbash. — (menareport.com)
© 2003 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- IFC regional operations to be based in UAE
- UAE Ministry of Finance and Industry to launch new e-dirham
- Arab finance ministers to discuss policy issued on the sidelines of the Annual Meetings
- World Bank President praises organizers of Dubai 2003
- Israeli finance minister backs out of Dubai annual meetings