Europe to help fund Moroccan development
The European Investment Bank (EIB) and Morocco signed three loan agreements worth 440 million euros, Aufait Maroc reported on Sunday (December16th).
More than half of the money will be used for the construction of a 142km highway between El Jadida and Safi. The remaining funds will support the expansion of the electricity grid and waste water projects.
- Morocco gets $50 million loan from IDB to upgrade electricity sector
- Morocco to receive 425 million euros worth of aid by 2004
- IDB, Morocco sign loan agreement to fund rail project
- Saudi Development Fund approves $220 million loans package to Morocco
- Moroccan National Electricity Office needs 200 million euro loan