Mubarak to review modernization plans
Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak will hold a ministerial meeting soon to review the nation's modernization plans as part of an association agreement with the European Union, said Information Minister Safwat Al-Sharif on Saturday, June 16.
Attending the upcoming meeting will be Prime Minister Atef Ebeid and 15 government ministers, added Sharif, quoted by the Egyptian Gazette.
He was speaking after a cabinet meeting that tackled presidential instructions to develop different production, administrative and service sectors, said the paper.
Egypt and the EU earlier this year initialed the long-negotiated pact. Egypt hopes the agreement will give its products greater access to European markets. – (MENA Report)
© 2001 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Mubarak to Review Modernization Plans
- Mubarak, Cabinet to Review European-Egyptian Partnership Agreement
- gems seeks independent review into KHDA, as new Modern High campus opens today
- Minister reviews power sector for 2000, plans for 2001
- Muslim preacher Amr Khaled shares plans for Egypt's future in AUC's Cairo Review for Global Affairs