Muscat market gains following global equities hike
Al Batinah Development was the top gainer for the day.
Click here to add Ahlibank as an alert
Disable alert for Ahlibank,
Click here to add Al Batinah as an alert
Disable alert for Al Batinah,
Click here to add Al Sharqia as an alert
Disable alert for Al Sharqia,
Click here to add Construction Material Industries as an alert
Disable alert for Construction Material Indu ...,
Click here to add National Bank of Oman as an alert
Disable alert for National Bank of Oman,
Click here to add Oman Orix Leasing Co as an alert
Disable alert for Oman Orix Leasing Co,
Click here to add Oman Textile Industries as an alert
Disable alert for Oman Textile Industries
Taking cue from the strength in global equities, the Muscat Securities Market general index traded in positive territory, gaining 0.79 per cent to close at 6,549.61 on Sunday.
Trading activity remained robust as a total of 2,372 trades were executed, generating a turnover of RO10.29mn, while 45.32mn shares were exchanged over the counters. Market breadth stood in favour of advancers as of the 55 securities traded for the day 26 advanced while 17 declined and 12 stocks remained unchanged.
Al Batinah Development and Investment continued its rally adding 6.36 per cent at 117bz. The stock was the top gainer for the day.
The other lead advancers were Bank Sohar (+5.41 per cent at 195bz), Financial Services (+5.22 per cent at 121bz), Dhofar Cattle Feed (+3.73 per cent at 250bz) and Oman Investment and Finance (+2.61 per cent at 393bz) while the top losers were Oman Textile Industries (-3.01 per cent at 290bz), Oman Orix Leasing Co (-2.55 per cent at 153bz), Construction Material Industries (-2.33 per cent at 84bz), Transgulf Holding (-2.26 per cent at 173bz) and Al Sharqia Investment Holding (-2.20 per cent at 222bz).
All the three sectoral indices closed in the green. The Financial index added 0.80 per cent, supported by Ominvest (+1.91 per cent at 428bz), National Bank of Oman (+0.72 per cent at 279bz), bank muscat (+0.79 per cent at 639bz) and Ahlibank (+0.50 per cent at 200bz). The Industrial index rose 0.54 per cent while the Services index ended the day with gains of 0.23 per cent.
- Will terror attacks damper Arabs' appetite for European holidays?
- So cool it's hot: Saudi Arabia's $3.2B HVACR market driven by construction boom
- US, EU protectionist policies may be a blessing in disguise for GCC suppliers
- Dubai to Doha: How far can you stretch your dirham?
- OPEC's poor history of compliance will make production cut deal a challenge
- Muscat financial market up as global equity performance improves
- Rasmala - Broad MENA market equity index registers gain of 7.5%
- Transgulf Investment top gainer at Muscat Securities Market
- All the three indices at Muscat Securities closed in the green, as MSM edges up on positive global sentiment
- Muscat shares advance as Financials shine