NASDAQ Dubai Monthly Trading Report: February 2010 - Equities trading volumes rise 61%
Equities trading volumes on NASDAQ Dubai rose by 61% in February 2010 to 322 million, compared to 200 million in January 2010. Volumes in February 2009 were 566 million. Citi was the most active Member of the exchange by equities volume in February 2010, followed by HSBC and then Deutsche Bank.
EFG Hermes was the most active regional Member during the month, followed by Arqaam Capital and SHUAA Capital International. A total of 8,120 equity derivatives traded on NASDAQ Dubai in February 2010, up 29% from 6,290 traded in January 2010. In February 2009, a total of 386 traded.
NASDAQ Dubai launched its equity derivatives market in November 2008. Equity futures are listed on 21 individual UAE companies and on the FTSE Nasdaq Dubai UAE 20 share index, which was designed as a hedging and investment mechanism for GCC and international investors.
The FTSE Nasdaq Dubai UAE 20 index fell 7.7% in February 2010 to end the month at 1,589.
- NASDAQ Dubai Equities Trading Value Rises 100% in First Four Months of 2010
- August 2010 Equities traded value rises 20% in first full month since outsourcing to DFM
- Equities traded value rises 30% in October using DFM’s trading platform
- NASDAQ Dubai Monthly Trading Report: September 2010
- NASDAQ Dubai’s equities traded value rises 52% in first half of 2010