Nawras consortium declared successful applicant for fixed line licence in Oman
Qatar Telecom QSC has confirmed that the Nawras consortium has been declared as the successful applicant for the licence for the Class One Full Fixed Public Telecommunications Services in Oman.
Notice was received from the Telecommunications Regulatory Authority (TRA) of the Sultanate of Oman on Tuesday 18th November 2008.
Since its launch in 2005 as the second operator in Oman, Nawras has provided a wide range of new innovations for the GSM market, winning more than 1.4 million subscribers in the first three years of operation. The company will build upon this strong heritage in deploying fixed line and broadband internet services for the people of Oman.
The extension of Nawras into fixed line and broadband services complements the Qtel Group’s clearly-articulated strategy to grow its operations across dedicated business lines, as part of its objective to become one of the world’s top 20 telecommunications companies by 2020.
- Oman’s success in introducing cellular competition sets the stage for further market liberalization
- Oman: Fixed line tender awarded
- Oman to announce in October winner of integrated fixed public telecom licence
- Omani-Qatari Telecommunications Company increases mobile phone coverage in Oman
- Nawras Telecom to launch 3G in Oman