NBK Capital private equity acquires leading Turkish edible oils company
NBK Capital Equity Partners has acquired 100% of the shares of Yudum Food, the leading packaged edible oils company in Turkey with annual revenues of USD 110 million from Southeast Europe Equity Fund Ltd, managed by Bedminster Capital. The Company produces Yudum sunflower oil and Sirma maize oil, two of the top brands in their respective categories. In addition, the Company exports its high quality products to various European and Middle East countries as well as Far Eastern countries such as Japan, Australia, New Zealand, China and Korea.
“This transaction represents NBK Capital’s strategy to acquire controlling stakes in leading companies with solid opportunities for expansion”, said Samir Assaad, Senior Director, NBK Capital. NBK Capital believes that its active ownership approach and close partnership with the current management team will help to effectively launch new growth initiatives to build sustainable shareholder value.
Acquisition financing for the transaction was provided by Turkiye Is Bankasi.
- NBK Capital Equity Partners Fund agrees to sell 100 % of Yudum foods to Afia International Company
- NBK Capital Equity Partners Fund completes $70.7 million sale of Turkish edible oils company to Savola
- NBK Capital acquires 30 percent stake in Dunya Goz Group
- NBK Capital acquires stake in Kiliç Deniz
- Egypt’s El Rashidi El Mizan acquired by senior management