New Dubai Mall termed world’s “largest shopping center”
Real estate development company Emaar Properties has announced new real estate development comprising of a nine million square-foot shopping mall.
The Dubai Mall project will comprise a five million square foot mall, residential and retail amenities. The mall itself will be the largest shopping space in the world, bigger than Edmonton Mall, Canada, and much larger than the Mall of America, Minnesota, USA.
“We are expecting an annual footfall of thirty five million visitors in the first full year of business and an annualized growth in mall traffic of about 20 to 30 percent,” said Executive Director, Retail and Leasing Department for Emaar Properties, Ibrahim Al-Hashimi.
The shopping complex will feature a waterfront atrium providing views of Burj Dubai and the surrounding skyline. It will also contain a large gold market one million square feet of leading fashions.
An artificial lake occupying a total area of 4.3 million square feet will also be featured at the site. A residential facility of 2.5 million square feet is planned while additional retail space will total 1.5 million square feet. There will be more than adequate underground parking for 16,000 cars and over ground parking by lakeside slots. — (menareport.com)
© 2003 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Investcorp Real Estate Group acquires 1.6 million sq.f. cmplex in Seattle, in US$800 mllion tansaction
- More than 100 retail shopping centers in India by Emaar
- Emirates NBD opens new branch in Dubai mall - the world’s biggest shopping centre
- The Dubai Mall celebrates Dubai Shopping Festival 2012 with prizes of AED 1 million and colourful entertainment
- Dubai Mall opens with largest number of retailers in the world’s largest-ever mall opening