Nokia seeks mobile applications from Middle East developers
Nokia has challenged Middle Eastern software companies to compete with international developers to create advanced new applications for its latest and future generations of mobile phones.
In launching the Series 60 Challenge Nokia hopes to encourage developers to create Symbian, MMS and MIDP JavaTM applications for the Nokia 7650 and Nokia 3650 imaging phones, both of which are based on the Series 60 platform.
Middle Eastern companies will have two opportunities to win as prizes will be awarded for both the best local applications and the best in Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA). Prizes for Middle Eastern winners will include: Best Java Application, Most Innovative Application, Best Symbian Application and Best Overall Locally Developed Application.
Nokia's global developer program, Forum Nokia connects developers to the tools, technical information, support, and distribution channels they need to build and market applications around the globe. — (menareport.com)
© 2002 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Nokia introduces classic form and function in a compact shape
- Sybase and Nokia sign new global licensing agreement
- Nokia’s Ovi Store gains momentum in the Middle East and Africa with 1.9 million downloads a week and growing
- Nokia to launch new mini phone Asha 501 in Saudi Arabia
- Nokia introduces new handset for first-time Middle East users