OCI awarded US$ 181 million contract in Egypt
Orascom Construction Industries (OCI) has announced that it had been awarded the civil works package worth US$ 181 million for the 1,500 MW combined cycle power plant in Giza, Egypt. The project was awarded by the Cairo Electricity Production Company and is expected to be complete in approximately 32 months.
OCI is currently constructing several power plants in Egypt and Algeria with a total power generation capacity of 5,250 MW.
OCI Construction Group Chief Operating Officer, Osama Bishai, commented, “the Construction Group continues to target key power projects in its Middle East and North Africa markets as these markets continue to face severe power supply deficits. The Group has been able to secure sizeable contracts and we believe the power sector in the region will continue to provide great opportunities for OCI.”
- Orascom Construction Industries awarded US$ 280 million contract in Algeria
- OCI awarded $40 million Eastern Company warehouse contract
- Egypt's OCI and partner win $112 million contract
- Orascom Construction secures EP207 million in new contracts
- Egypt's Orascom Construction Industries wins Abu Dhabi project