Official data: Suez Canal revenues decline
An official report published by the Egyptian government information center, has indicated that Suez Canal revenues declined by 8.2% in June 2010. During this month, the Canal has achieved revenues of US$7.383 billion as the total number of vessels crossing the Suez Canal reached 1482 compared to 1562 vessels in May, i.e. a 1.5% drop.
The report revealed also a decline in employment opportunities during June by 6.15% compared to May. The report said the number of jobs went down from about 6,280 jobs in May to about 4,230 jobs just in June.
- Can you believe GCC's aviation is set to outpace all counterpart sectors globally?!
- More people prefer Dubai Metro to car
- And things just got fiercer: British Airways' plans to take over Middle Eastern markets
- The business behind the politics: Why Syria's new Kinda airline has "high" expectations for Geneva peace talks
- No, Yemen, this US drone is full of...Amazon packages? Website announces new shipping plan for 2015