Official data: Suez Canal revenues decline
An official report published by the Egyptian government information center, has indicated that Suez Canal revenues declined by 8.2% in June 2010. During this month, the Canal has achieved revenues of US$7.383 billion as the total number of vessels crossing the Suez Canal reached 1482 compared to 1562 vessels in May, i.e. a 1.5% drop.
The report revealed also a decline in employment opportunities during June by 6.15% compared to May. The report said the number of jobs went down from about 6,280 jobs in May to about 4,230 jobs just in June.
- No, Yemen, this US drone is full of...Amazon packages? Website announces new shipping plan for 2015
- Meet Oman's mysterious oil billionaire builiding the world's most luxurious yachts
- Gulf airlines are busy buying airplanes that no one will fly
- Spoiled much? Gulf airlines splurge more than their countries' GDP's on new aircrafts at Dubai Airshow
- Emirates purchases at Dubai Airshow projected as 'biggest news item of the year'