Official data: Suez Canal revenues decline
An official report published by the Egyptian government information center, has indicated that Suez Canal revenues declined by 8.2% in June 2010. During this month, the Canal has achieved revenues of US$7.383 billion as the total number of vessels crossing the Suez Canal reached 1482 compared to 1562 vessels in May, i.e. a 1.5% drop.
The report revealed also a decline in employment opportunities during June by 6.15% compared to May. The report said the number of jobs went down from about 6,280 jobs in May to about 4,230 jobs just in June.
- The sky is the limit: GCC lack of airspace coordination threatens Dubai's aviation aspirations
- Not just the Suez Canal: another massive infrastructure project coming to Egypt
- The domino effect: how Dubai's tram can revolutionize the real estate sector
- The 'death trip': an inside look into the perilious business of getting Syrian refugees to Europe
- 'Sensitive assets': how ports are advancing the GCC's strategic interests