Official data: Suez Canal revenues decline
An official report published by the Egyptian government information center, has indicated that Suez Canal revenues declined by 8.2% in June 2010. During this month, the Canal has achieved revenues of US$7.383 billion as the total number of vessels crossing the Suez Canal reached 1482 compared to 1562 vessels in May, i.e. a 1.5% drop.
The report revealed also a decline in employment opportunities during June by 6.15% compared to May. The report said the number of jobs went down from about 6,280 jobs in May to about 4,230 jobs just in June.
- Qatar seals $7.02 billion deal for French Rafale fighter jets
- A year later: how safe is flying after the Malaysian airlines' disasters?
- Nationalist glory or economic revival? Why Egyptians are rushing for two-way traffic in the Suez Canal
- Open skies vs. closed economies: American aviation giants split over competing with Gulf airlines
- The sky is the limit: has the time come for air traffic control in the GCC?