Oil smuggling gang arrested in Oman
Omani police and customs caught the smugglers when inspecting trucks at a check point
The Al Rawdha Police Station in Al Buraimi Governorate foiled an attempt to smuggle diesel outside the Sultanate using trucks with local and Gulf number plates.
A responsible source at the Directorate General of Customs said that while the custom officers were inspecting five trucks at Al Rawdha land check point, they discovered that these vehicles are designed to smuggle oil derivatives. They found diesel-filled additional tanks in the trucks. The drivers were taken into custody.
- Will terror attacks damper Arabs' appetite for European holidays?
- So cool it's hot: Saudi Arabia's $3.2B HVACR market driven by construction boom
- US, EU protectionist policies may be a blessing in disguise for GCC suppliers
- Dubai to Doha: How far can you stretch your dirham?
- OPEC's poor history of compliance will make production cut deal a challenge
- Dubai Customs foils bid to smuggle 14.6 ton of internationally prohibited chemical substances
- Dubai Customs foiled bid to smuggle 51 fraud credit cards
- Dubai Customs foils bid to smuggle fake currency using carbon paper
- Dubai Customs foils a bid to smuggle 125 heroin capsules through Dubai International Airport
- Dubai Customs foils bid to smuggle more than 1 kg of heroin