Oman: Cement production capacity to rise
Sayyid Ali bin Saif al-Said, secretary-general at Office of the Minister of the Diwan of Royal Court on Wednesday opened the third production line of Raysut cement factory established at a cost of Ro. 20 million.
Mohammed bin Ahmed al-Dheeb, chief executive officer of Raysut Cement Company said the capacity of the new line is 1.25 million tons per year. He added in a statement to Oman News Agency (ONA) that the project was implemented in 18 months.
He said the company expects a 10% growth in domestic demand for cement during 2006.
Established in 1981, Raysut Cement Company is one of only two cement producers in the Sultanate of Oman, the other being Oman Cement Company (OCC).
- Oman Cement launches trial operation of 3rd clinker production kiln
- Global values OCC at RO0.676/share and reiterates BUY on the stock- Global Investment House – Kuwait – Oman Cement Company – Investment Update
- Oman Cement Company (OCC) – Investment Update
- Diwan opens new Baghdad office
- Gulf industry 'cements' revenue rises