Oman's Al Mazunah Free Zone exports exceed $11 million
Omani Free Zone's exports increasing
The total value of exports from Al Mazunah Free Zone exceeded $11 million during the first half of the current calendar, informed Said bin Ali Al Maashani, acting director-general of Al Mazunah Free Zone.
"The commercial movement has seen a remarkable motion during the first half of the current year particularly those that emerged from importing vehicles and exporting them to the Republic of Yemen. The total volume of the exports has exceeded $11 million until the end of last August," he added.
"Meanwhile, the first ten days of September 2012 marked a significant export movement to Yemen leading to a total of more than $2 million. Besides, a dynamic movement was observed on used vehicles after the holidays of Eid Al-Fitr," Al Maashani pointed out.
He added that the Public Establishment for Industrial Estates (PEIE) has already announced a tender through the Tender Board for the first phase of Al Mazunah Free Zone project.
"The construction work is expected to commence by next November," he said. "With regard to the investment agreement with the strategic partner, the investor has set an approximate area of 1.0 million square metre) equipped with asphalted roads, lighting, few offices and warehouses services," he said.
"The current stage also overlooks reviewing the electricity network and securing the required quantities of water for the components of the free zone," he added further. Al Maashani stressed that one of the major projects adopted by Al Mazunah Free Zone till date is the livestock project.
"The engineering plans for the project are finalised and adopted," he further added.
- Al Tayer bucks the US department store trend with Bloomingdale's Kuwait opening
- Gulf Islamic banks set to outperform conventional banks for second year: Moody's
- Jordan secures EU finance for socioeconomic and environmental programs
- Same-day service deliveries in GCC an untapped market: Wing CEO
- Will terror attacks damper Arabs' appetite for European holidays?
- Oman's Al Mazunah free zone marks increase in international investments
- Dubai exports of top plastic films valued AED 304 Million in 2009
- Dubai Chamber members’ exports to GCC countries grew by 51% in 2012
- HH Sheikh Ahmed Bin Saeed Al Maktoum Chairman of Dubai Airport Free Zone
- Dubai: Direct exporting and re-exporting break records of five years