Oman's GDP grew by 8.3 per cent in 2012
Oman's gross domestic product, adjusted for inflation, grew an estimated 8.3 per cent last year.
This was faster than the Government's target of seven per cent, Reuters quotes the country’s Finance Minister, Darwish al-Balushi, as saying.
Balushi reportedly told a news conference that heavy government spending had boosted growth.
- Mission impossible? IMF says Jordan needs 7 percent growth to fight poverty and unemployment
- Saudi's strong non-oil growth in February may signal new economic era for KSA
- Worth a gasp? Abu Dhabi’s inflation already up 2.1% in 2014's first two months
- What's the attraction? IIF says UAE’s economic stability wooing foreign capital investment
- Public-private partnerships may be key to take Gulf's economic growth to next level