Oman's GDP grew by 8.3 per cent in 2012
Oman's gross domestic product, adjusted for inflation, grew an estimated 8.3 per cent last year.
This was faster than the Government's target of seven per cent, Reuters quotes the country’s Finance Minister, Darwish al-Balushi, as saying.
Balushi reportedly told a news conference that heavy government spending had boosted growth.
- Impetus from within: why the Arab World needs a very Arab 'Marshall Plan'
- 'Fiscal juggling': just how many economic priorities will Saudi Arabia's new King have to focus on?
- Despite Erdogan's 'harsh rhetoric', Turkish-Israeli is still booming
- UAE is best MidEast economy for attracting talent, index says
- The Arab Spring's success story: what will it take for Tunisia to unlock its full economic potential?