Oman's GDP grew by 8.3 per cent in 2012
Oman's GDP grew by 8.3 per cent in 2012, faster than the seven per cent target
Oman's gross domestic product, adjusted for inflation, grew an estimated 8.3 per cent last year.
This was faster than the Government's target of seven per cent, Reuters quotes the country’s Finance Minister, Darwish al-Balushi, as saying.
Balushi reportedly told a news conference that heavy government spending had boosted growth.
- Al Tayer bucks the US department store trend with Bloomingdale's Kuwait opening
- Gulf Islamic banks set to outperform conventional banks for second year: Moody's
- Jordan secures EU finance for socioeconomic and environmental programs
- Same-day service deliveries in GCC an untapped market: Wing CEO
- Will terror attacks damper Arabs' appetite for European holidays?