Oman's GDP grew by 8.3 per cent in 2012
Oman's gross domestic product, adjusted for inflation, grew an estimated 8.3 per cent last year.
This was faster than the Government's target of seven per cent, Reuters quotes the country’s Finance Minister, Darwish al-Balushi, as saying.
Balushi reportedly told a news conference that heavy government spending had boosted growth.
- Malnourished economy: global hunger leading to $2 trillion loss in world GDP
- Going green: UAE looks to save Dh6.98b a year by 2030 with renewable energy
- Diversify and dump the slump in the GCC
- Supervising the stoners: Egyptian tobacco traders call for the legalization of cannabis
- Frozen: Arab Spring economies barely trading with one another