Oman's GDP grew by 8.3 per cent in 2012
Oman's gross domestic product, adjusted for inflation, grew an estimated 8.3 per cent last year.
This was faster than the Government's target of seven per cent, Reuters quotes the country’s Finance Minister, Darwish al-Balushi, as saying.
Balushi reportedly told a news conference that heavy government spending had boosted growth.
- Let's just say nshallah! Egypt's back in business, says new survey
- Why Emiratisation, or any other GCC employment nationalization strategy, just doesn't work
- No sun on MENA's economic horizon? How today's political turmoil is crushing region's future edge in the global economy
- Why Egypt's army is bad at doing business
- Saudi Arabia's mass deportations reveal the horrifying reality awaiting Yemenis sent home