Oman Mining summit focuses on new technologies, strategies
The Oman Mining and Quarrying Summit, organised by IQPC Middle East in coordination with Global Exhibitions and Conferences, opened on Monday at the Golden Tulip Muscat.
The two-day summit has attracted over 18 speakers - both national and international - and over 60 industry professionals, whose major interests are in implementing new techniques and technologies to improve the operational productivity and efficiency of current mining and quarrying projects.
The conference will cover an extensive range of topics, including satisfying global demand by showcasing key underground mining projects in Oman, latest developments in materials washing and classification of equipment, techniques to ensure continuous production during high demand, benefits of better project management, problems and challenges faced and investing in the mineral sector in Oman and more.
The conference's featured speakers include Tariq al Barwani, CEO of Mawarid Mining; Marcos Beluco, CEO of Vale; Younis al Amri, CEO of Gulf Triangle Group; Hilal al Azri, former director general of minerals and metals at the Ministry of Commerce and Industry; Henry Antwi, head of mining at Oman Oil; and A V Sthapak, exploration manager at Alara Resources Ltd.
Giving a presentation on underground mining projects in Oman, Barwani highlighted Mawarid Mining's local and international projects and its strategies to develop assets in Oman and internationally.
Conference director Satish Anand said, “With organisations participating from across the world, with the intention of understanding business opportunities in mining and quarrying in Oman, this event provides a great platform to owners, investors and suppliers to discuss and understand what they should do to improve this sector.”
- From more BBM-ing, to less Facebook-ing: how exactly are people in Qatar using the internet?
- Unnatural troubles: Cyber attacks increased by a billion in 2014
- From the World Cup to the iPhone 6: what are people in the UAE googling the most?
- Mashallah! Online ventures target a tremendous Muslim consumer base
- It's complicated: Iran's 'sinful' relationship with the internet
- TECHNOLOGICAL INNOVATION, FOCUS OF SHOW
- HP to focus on game-changing capabilities of cloud computing at IDC’s Middle East CIO Summit 2012
- Toshiba Elevators unveils expansion strategy for Middle East; identifies Qatar, Oman & Saudi Arabia among key markets
- Gulf Business Summit to discusses e-enabling businesses strategies