Oman: Number of national employees in private sector up by 5.4%
Official figures have indicated that the number of Omanis in the private sector who are registered at the Public Authority for Social Insurance (PASI) amounted to 91,760 employees by the end of May 2005, compared to 87,064 employees at the end of 2004. This is constituting a 5.4% increase.
The statistical bulletin issued by the National Economy Ministry showed a 1.1% drop in the volume of expatriate workforce in the private sector in the Sultanate by the end of May 2005 as the number of expatriate employees came down to 419,440, against 424,319 during 2004.
- Number of Omani manpower working in private sector growing
- No jobs for nationals? The absent developmental role of the private sector in the GCC
- UAE: Number of employees in banking sector down
- New study on experiences of UAE Nationals employed in private sector published
- So much for Saudization: expats holding 86% of private sector jobs