Oman Oil Marketing Company launches first petrol station
The new Oman Oil Marketing Company has officially opened for business with the opening of its first service station. The service station will be launched under the company’s brand name omanoil.
The acquisition of BP's 49 percent interest in BP Oman at the end of last year by the government owned Oman Oil Company (OOC), presented Oman with its first national Oil Company.
OOC, an investment company is focused on developing partnerships with private sector companies to pursue the development of energy related projects and playing a critical role in the Sultanate's efforts to diversify the Omani economy. Ventures such as omanoil will ultimately generate jobs locally.
The plan to phase out all existing 77 BP service stations is well underway with re-branding of sites within the Muscat region set to be complete by the end of December 2003. Retrofit of the remaining nationwide sites is set to finish by May 2004. — (menareport.com)
© 2003 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- BP Oman opens first new service station in the Sultanate in seven years
- BP to launch first environmentally friendly service station in Oman
- Omanoil and Oman National Transport Company sign five year agreement
- Dolphin Energy signs natural gas supply deal with Oman
- BP Oman holds first meeting after ownership transfer