Omani students society organise second knowledge programme in London
Omani Students Society in London (OSSL) organised their second knowledge sharing programme, 'Talk of the Season', recently.
The programme is aimed at showcasing the potential of Omani talent to academics around the world, provide inspiration to students, and engage the surrounding local community abroad.
Speaking on the occasion, Yahya Hussain Al Saleh, president of OSSL and a Ph.D. student at Imperial College, London said, "The goal and motive behind Talk of the Season is summarised in the acronym S.I.M.P.L.E. (Showcase, Inspire, Motivate, Promote, Learn, and Engage both the students and the academics). Through this programme we want to spread the word on Oman around the globe."
Zahra Al Lawati, head of activities of OSSL and a BSc student at the University of Reading in turn emphasised on the importance of motivation at work and studying especially at hard times. "A role model," she added, "is something every young person needs and this programme establishes a platform to show Omani role models."
Dr Ali Al Mashani, Director General of the Directorate of Khoula Hospital, was the speaker at the event. Al-Mashani is currently a senior consultant in neurosurgery in Oman. He is also the President of the Gulf Neurosurgical Society, the Vice-President of the Asian Congress of Neurological Surgeons in Oman, and the President of Oman Neurosurgical Society.
- Thomson Reuters annual cost of compliance survey shows regulatory fatigue, resource challenges and personal liability to increase throughout 2015
- Dulsco conducted recycling awareness campaign with students of Al Khansaa
- An unreadable reality: 21 million children in ME may 'miss education'
- Not giving in: Saudi women increasingly demand higher positions
- Omani unemployment declines to 11.75%