Omani students society organise second knowledge programme in London
Omani Students Society in London
Click here to add Ali Al Mashani as an alert
Disable alert for Ali Al Mashani,
Click here to add Congress as an alert
Disable alert for Congress,
Click here to add Gulf Neurosurgical Society as an alert
Disable alert for Gulf Neurosurgical Society,
Click here to add Imperial College as an alert
Disable alert for Imperial College,
Click here to add Khoula Hospital as an alert
Disable alert for Khoula Hospital,
Click here to add London as an alert
Disable alert for London,
Click here to add Oman Neurosurgical Society as an alert
Disable alert for Oman Neurosurgical Society,
Click here to add Omani Students Society in London as an alert
Disable alert for Omani Students Society in ...,
Click here to add University of Reading as an alert
Disable alert for University of Reading,
Click here to add Vice as an alert
Disable alert for Vice,
Click here to add Yahya Hussain Al Saleh as an alert
Disable alert for Yahya Hussain Al Saleh,
Click here to add Zahra Al Lawati as an alert
Disable alert for Zahra Al Lawati
Omani Students Society in London (OSSL) organised their second knowledge sharing programme, 'Talk of the Season', recently.
The programme is aimed at showcasing the potential of Omani talent to academics around the world, provide inspiration to students, and engage the surrounding local community abroad.
Speaking on the occasion, Yahya Hussain Al Saleh, president of OSSL and a Ph.D. student at Imperial College, London said, "The goal and motive behind Talk of the Season is summarised in the acronym S.I.M.P.L.E. (Showcase, Inspire, Motivate, Promote, Learn, and Engage both the students and the academics). Through this programme we want to spread the word on Oman around the globe."
Zahra Al Lawati, head of activities of OSSL and a BSc student at the University of Reading in turn emphasised on the importance of motivation at work and studying especially at hard times. "A role model," she added, "is something every young person needs and this programme establishes a platform to show Omani role models."
Dr Ali Al Mashani, Director General of the Directorate of Khoula Hospital, was the speaker at the event. Al-Mashani is currently a senior consultant in neurosurgery in Oman. He is also the President of the Gulf Neurosurgical Society, the Vice-President of the Asian Congress of Neurological Surgeons in Oman, and the President of Oman Neurosurgical Society.
- Al Tayer bucks the US department store trend with Bloomingdale's Kuwait opening
- Gulf Islamic banks set to outperform conventional banks for second year: Moody's
- Jordan secures EU finance for socioeconomic and environmental programs
- Same-day service deliveries in GCC an untapped market: Wing CEO
- Will terror attacks damper Arabs' appetite for European holidays?
- Nawras sponsors Summer of Sports programme to encourage a healthy lifestyle among Omani youth
- MINISTRY OF EDUCATION AND OMAN OIL COMPANY CREATE ENTREPRENEURS OF TOMORROW THROUGH ‘GHAYTUH’ INITIATIVE
- ITA launches strategy to tackle job demands
- Sanyo & Eeg Embark Upon Second Wave Of Battery Collection Campaign To Educate Region’s Students