Oman's the place to be: Sultanate promotes local tourism across the GCC
The Oman Ministry of Tourism is organizing a series of roadshows across the GCC as part of the Sultanate’s strategy to promote Oman as a short break tourist destination for regional travelers. The first roadshow was held at the Sheraton Hotel in Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia on Sunday where the leading travel agents and corporate clients met top industry partners from Oman.
The move complements recent industry reports showing that Oman’s tourism industry increased in 2013. Almost 2.1 million global tourists visited Oman last year. The road shows, which will be composed of meetings and presentations across the GCC, will enable Oman Ministry of Tourism to generate more awareness about their travel offerings to travel agents as well as tourists. Oman boasts of a superior hospitality and tourism infrastructure, including cultural, beach and adventure tour options, excellent year-round weather, luxurious hotels and resorts, international cuisines, and world-class airports offering instant connectivity to the regional cities.
Salim Al Mamari, Director General of Tourism Promotion, Oman Ministry of Tourism, said: “It is part of our well-devised strategy for 2014 to promote Oman as an ideal destination for short breaks targeting GCC tourists through road shows to be held in several cities. Such events enable us to reach out to existing and potential visitors and spread awareness about the Sultanate’s developed tourism sector. We are well aware that many tourists in the region are constantly on the look-out for new yet cost-effective holiday destinations where they can spend quality time relaxing with family and friends. These road shows will convey this message while highlighting the hospitality aspect of the country’s offering. We are confident that the road shows will contribute in increasing the tourist footfall in Oman for the upcoming tourist season.”
Oman Air, the national airlines of Oman, will be present at all road shows as the only airline partner for Oman Ministry of Tourism. It currently operates 14 weekly flights from Riyadh to Muscat. Underlining the airline’s commitment to service excellence, Oman Air’s Business Class seat on board its A330 fleet has been voted by Skytrax as the Best Business Class Seat in the world for two years in a row, in 2011 and 2012. Oman Air passengers can now experience a whole new level of on-ground service with Oman Air’s premium front-end check-in facility exclusively for First Class and Business Class guests, besides Oman Air’s Premium Lounges located at Muscat International Airport.
- Gazans reach beyond Israeli blockade through start-up
- France is playing a risky dating game in the Gulf: experts
- Egyptian stocks plummet as Yemen confict deepens
- Mission to Mars: UAE plans Arab region's first unmanned probe
- Supervising the stoners: Egyptian tobacco traders call for the legalization of cannabis
- Oman’s tourism industry focuses on GCC and India, views Arabian Travel Market as platform for promoting intra-regional tourism
- Oman’s Ministry of Tourism prepares for influx of summer visitors to the city of Salalah
- Oman hosts 4th International Conference on Responsible Tourism in Destinations
- Ooredoo drives human growth sponsoring local sporting talent