Health sector workers in Palestine to strike
Healthcare workers in Palestine are to take industrial action over the non-payment of wages
Health sector [workers in Palestine] announced a one-day strike on Thursday, said head of the health syndicate, Osama Al-Najar, on Sunday.
He told WAFA the strike is going to be only for one day because there are foreign medical delegations coming to Palestine to operate critical surgeries on patients, in addition that the Health ministry is committed to some programs with international medical teams.
He added if the government did not meet the demands of the employees, such as paying the monthly salaries, the work will be limited to one day only next week.
He called on the government to commit to its program, including paying the salaries on time, so that the medical teams can provide health services to the patients.
- Nip, tuck: Dubai's grand plans for being a major player in medical tourism
- Zain, UNHCR, Facebook to bring free internet access to urban refugees in Jordan
- Yemen Central Bank headquarters to relocate from Sanaa to Aden
- IMF report details the crippling economic effects of conflict in MENA
- Start Up Lebanon entrepreneurs head to Silicon Valley Roadshow