Health sector workers in Palestine to strike
Health sector [workers in Palestine] announced a one-day strike on Thursday, said head of the health syndicate, Osama Al-Najar, on Sunday.
He told WAFA the strike is going to be only for one day because there are foreign medical delegations coming to Palestine to operate critical surgeries on patients, in addition that the Health ministry is committed to some programs with international medical teams.
He added if the government did not meet the demands of the employees, such as paying the monthly salaries, the work will be limited to one day only next week.
He called on the government to commit to its program, including paying the salaries on time, so that the medical teams can provide health services to the patients.
- AUB students start the academic year with 'mixed emotions' as strike looms
- It’s a good time to be job hunting in the UAE
- Getting the jobsworth: New challenges faced in the UAE employment market
- Teachers’ strike divideds Jordan's educators as students seen as main victims
- Profits in the name of education: GCC reeking in $6 billion worth of international school fees