Palestinian Authority to pay partial wages
The Palestinian Authority announced on Tuesday that it will pay January's waged within the next two days
The [Palestinian Authroity] cabinet announced Tuesday that it will pay its employees part of the January salary in the next two days, according to a cabinet statement issued after its weekly meeting.
It said it will pay not less than 2000 shekels ($545) and not more than 5000 shekels ($1,400), depending on the salary.
The government said it was continuing efforts to fulfill its obligations to the public.
- Where did all the good Egyptians go? 2014 sees off over half a million workers, leaving to work abroad
- From labour conditions to grand dreams: New York President talks about the big move to Abu Dhabi
- What women want: new survey reveals Arab women's inner thoughts on workplace equality
- A leadership 'deficit': why ME firms can't give up their reliance on expats
- Much more than just elitism: why Arab students flock abroad for university
- Unpaid Hamas wages puts Palestinian unity at crossroads
- Palestine: General strike enters second day, PA to borrow from banks to pay wages
- Perhaps it should first ensure that its migrant works are paid? Qatar to pay wages of Hamas' civil servants
- Palestinian Official: Israel Restores Partial Fuel Flow to Gaza Strip