Palestinian Stone and Marble Industry expands Middle East market presence
The Palestine Trade Centre (PalTrade), in cooperation with the Union of Stone and Marble, is organizing Palestinian participation at the Big 5, 2003, the Middle East’s largest building and construction industry exhibition The exhibition will take place from November 29, 2003 to December 3, 2003 at the Dubai World Trade Center.
The participation is part of Palestinian plans to boost its presence in the international stone and marble market. Six Palestinian companies are in Dubai for the show: Nasser Investment Company, Al-Naba’ Al-Jadidah Company, A- Nakheel Company for Stone and Marble, Al-Saheb for Stone and Marble, Al-Somoud Company and Ammar Diamond Corporation.
According to Stone Statistics, the Palestinian Authority contributed approximately 1.8 percent to the world stone and marble market in 2002. The Palestine Union of Stone and Marble Industry has estimated that annual production of finished stone and marble is 19 million square meters, which is equivalent to 1.8 million tons. Industry experts further estimate annual sales revenues of around $450 million.
The Palestinian Union of Stone and Marble Industry has estimated that the total annual sales per employee in Palestine’s stone and marble industry is $30,000, which is five times the average employee productivity level across all other industries in the region. — (menareport.com)
© 2003 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Strong presence of top quality international professional visitors confirms success of DOMOTEX Middle East 2009
- Jotun Powder Coatings to strengthen Middle East market presence with expanded pipeline coatings portfolio
- Nakheel to expand regional presence at Jrex 2007
- FAC and MEAC Sign MOU with A|D|S to Expand UK Industry Presence in the Middle East
- BenQ-Siemens expands presence in Middle East mobility markets