Passenger traffic at Dubai International Airport up by 27%
Passenger traffic at Dubai International Airport went up by 27 per cent in the first half of 2004 to hit 10.41 million passengers compared with 8.18 during the same period last year, a press release said.
April witnessed the highest movement of passengers with growth of 45.01 per cent. Aircraft movements also showed a growth of 18.5 per cent with a total of 94,795 in the six months against 79,990 last year.
The Dubai Cargo Village posted a 21.7 per cent growth as it handled 535,212 tons of cargo. The better months were January and February with 24.4 per cent and 26.4 per cent year-on-year growth.
Meanwhile, first-half sales at Dubai Duty Free increased to Dh 849.6 million ($ 236 million), a 43 per cent rise over the same period last year. (meanreport.com)
© 2004 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Dubai International Airport passenger traffic up by 6.2 percent in H1
- Passenger traffic at Dubai airport up 10 percent in first half
- They keep coming: Dubai airport traffic up 13.7% in April alone
- Emirates' passenger traffic up 27 percent in August
- Clear for take off: Dubai airport passenger numbers continue to soar