Petra visitors on the up
A total of 69,201 visitors of different nationalities went to the Rose-red city of Petra in March, marking a 22 per cent increase compared with the same month in 2012, according to Petra Archaeological Park (PAP) figures.
Among the visitors, 58,116 were foreigners and 7,270 were Jordanians, while 3,815 were official guests and school and university students.
The site generated JD1.255 million ($1.8 million) in revenues from entry and service tickets, a 22 per cent increase compared to March 2012.
- Egyptian stocks plummet as Yemen confict deepens
- Mission to Mars: UAE plans Arab region's first unmanned probe
- Supervising the stoners: Egyptian tobacco traders call for the legalization of cannabis
- Ethiopia launches $2.8m research survey for Nile basin development
- UAE sweetens flotation regulations to attract more investment