Petra visitors on the up
March saw an increase in the number of visitors to Petra in Jordan, statistics reveal
A total of 69,201 visitors of different nationalities went to the Rose-red city of Petra in March, marking a 22 per cent increase compared with the same month in 2012, according to Petra Archaeological Park (PAP) figures.
Among the visitors, 58,116 were foreigners and 7,270 were Jordanians, while 3,815 were official guests and school and university students.
The site generated JD1.255 million ($1.8 million) in revenues from entry and service tickets, a 22 per cent increase compared to March 2012.
- Will terror attacks damper Arabs' appetite for European holidays?
- So cool it's hot: Saudi Arabia's $3.2B HVACR market driven by construction boom
- US, EU protectionist policies may be a blessing in disguise for GCC suppliers
- Dubai to Doha: How far can you stretch your dirham?
- OPEC's poor history of compliance will make production cut deal a challenge