Petra visitors on the up
A total of 69,201 visitors of different nationalities went to the Rose-red city of Petra in March, marking a 22 per cent increase compared with the same month in 2012, according to Petra Archaeological Park (PAP) figures.
Among the visitors, 58,116 were foreigners and 7,270 were Jordanians, while 3,815 were official guests and school and university students.
The site generated JD1.255 million ($1.8 million) in revenues from entry and service tickets, a 22 per cent increase compared to March 2012.
- Tensions increase between Egypt, Italy over renewable energy projects
- In wake of failed coup, Turkey shuts down all Gulen-linked businesses
- Saudis, Jordanians top the list of Arab property buyers in Dubai
- Mandatory health insurance required for Dubai residents
- World Bank offers Jordan $1.4B over six years for Syria response