Plan to expand Sharjah Expo Centre
The Sharjah Chamber of Commerce and Industry (SCCI) will invest Dh200 million to expand the Sharjah Expo Centre, according to senior officials, cited by the GulfNews. The Expo Centre, which is managed by SCCI, currently consists of four large exhibition halls spread across 20,000 square metres. Expocentre Sharjah can cope with several exhibitions simultaneously with four halls each of gross area 4,000 square metres, a central boulevard with built-in facilities including a dedicated press centre, and 6,000 square metres of out-door static park.
"The total land site of the Expo is of 128,000 square metres, most of which has not been utilised. We are looking at expanding the facilities to the beach," one official was quoted as saying.
- Expo Centre Sharjah posts 29% growth in exhibitors in 2011
- One million square metres of land for cement factory in Sharjah
- New Expo City exhibit planned for Sharjah
- SCCI holds ‘Made in Sharjah’ exhibition in November 2010
- Expo Centre Sharjah to introduce e-Exhibition services through agreement with Tejari