Professional Women’s group highlights significance of UAE Businesswomen Award
The Professional Women’s Subgroup of the Dubai Quality Group (DQG) recently held a presentation at the DQG headquarters to raise awareness of the Emirates Businesswoman Award.
The award is aimed at recognizing women’s contribution in the business and professional world and will be presented annually to recognize United Arab Emirates (UAE) women - both nationals and expatriates.
The meeting was attended by 16 members of the Professional Women’s Sub-Group comprising business professionals and owners, bankers, and senior executives representing small and large organizations from various sectors.
The UAE Businesswomen Award has been set up by Dubai Quality Group under the umbrella of the Professional Women’s Subgroup in association with Shell to give a fresh impetus to women’s emergence as businesswomen and corporate achievers by creating role models to inspire others. The award is open to national as well as expatriate women, in a variety of categories.
The award, to be given away in March 2003, aspires to be the most sought after recognition for businesswomen, as the Professional Women’s Subgroup in association with UKQC have devised elaborate criteria to judge the entries.
Entries will be judged on the basis of visionary leadership, future goals, professional achievements, career achievements and community contribution. — (menareport.com)
© 2003 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Businesswomen and professionals urged to participate in Emirates Businesswomen Award 2006
- 76 women submitted applications for Business Owners and Professional categories of Award launched by Shell and Dubai Quality Group
- Nafisa Al Mulla and Rania Abdallah receive Emirates Businesswomen Award 2006 at the hands of H.H. Sheikh Ahmed
- DQG presents first Emirates Businesswomen Award
- Dubai Quality Group and Shell organize workshops to leverage Emirates Businesswomen Award 2007