Qatar’s construction boom leads to increased cement demand
Qatar’s booming construction and real estate markets has led to a sharp increase in demand for cement. As a result, top local cement producer QNCC plans to make available some 1.9 million tons of cement in the local market this year.
According to the Gulf Times, some 60 cement laden ships are expected to call on Qatari ports in the next 12 months.
“In view of the heavy demand, requests for regular cargoes have been sent to the current cement suppliers. They have agreed to dispatch up to two cargoes a month,” industry sources were quoted as saying by the newspaper.
- Dubai Investments showcases innovative products at Project Qatar amid ongoing construction boom
- GCC Investment Strategy and Sectors Outlook for 2006
- Saudi cement manufacturing up on construction demand
- Qatar: Construction boom risks slump
- Qatari construction firms fear delay in projects handover due to cement crisis