Qatar Airways moves to new Munich Airport terminal
Qatar Airways has moved into Munich Airport's new Terminal 2. The new terminal is exclusively dedicated to Lufthansa and its partners, including Qatar Airways. The Qatari flag-carrier flies non-stop to Munich from Doha thrice weekly.
Munich Airport (FMG) and Lufthansa have agreed to share entrepreneurial responsibility for financing and operating the new terminal. The cooperation was formalized under a Memorandum of Understanding signed in 1998.
Qatar Airways will extend its route network to 50 destinations by the end of this year. It presently flies to 41 destinations. Qatar Airways is also increasing its fleet. It presently has 24 Airbus aircraft, which will increase to 52 by the end of 2008. Qatar Airways is also one of the launch customers for the A380 'super jumbo'.
Qatar Airways also operates a number of subsidiary companies including: Qatar Aviation Services, Qatar Aviation Catering Company, Qatar Airways Holidays, Doha International Airport, and Qatar Duty Free. — (menareport.com)
© 2003 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Keeping up: Qatar airways makes the move to new, snazzy airport
- Etihad Airways shifts Qatar operations to new Hamad International Airport
- Munich Airport ideal partner for Bahrain Airport Company
- GAC Qatar challenged with moving an entire temporary airport terminal
- US flights switch terminals at Abu Dhabi airport