Qatar given $1 billion quota for the Chinese dragon
In June, Qatar applied for a $5 billion quota under China's Qualified Foreign Institutional Investor (QFII) scheme, reported Reuters citing local media reports, the main channel for foreign investment in Chinese stock and bond markets.
However, QFII quotas are currently capped at $1 billion per investor.
- Shoura Council: Expats cannot buy property in Mecca, Medina, Riyadh
- Tensions increase between Egypt, Italy over renewable energy projects
- In wake of failed coup, Turkey shuts down all Gulen-linked businesses
- Saudis, Jordanians top the list of Arab property buyers in Dubai
- Mandatory health insurance required for Dubai residents
- Qatar gets on the China bandwagon
- The rise of the Chinese renminbi: an unmatched opportunity for Qatar?
- Is the Chinese-Russian historic, $400 billion deal about to change the gas market forever?
- Qatar tightens cap on banks' securities investments
- Emirates Money given licence to redefine consumer finance in the UAE