Qatar given $1 billion quota for the Chinese dragon
In June, Qatar applied for a $5 billion quota under China's Qualified Foreign Institutional Investor (QFII) scheme, reported Reuters citing local media reports, the main channel for foreign investment in Chinese stock and bond markets.
However, QFII quotas are currently capped at $1 billion per investor.
- Understanding the ripple effect: 8 reasons the US economy has slowed down in Q1 of 2015
- Can Bahrian emerge from the oil price plunge 'stronger than ever'?
- Egyptian stocks plummet as Yemen confict deepens
- UAE sweetens flotation regulations to attract more investment
- Replacing Switzerland? Why Lebanon isn't keeping its banking secrecy a secret
- Qatar gets on the China bandwagon
- The rise of the Chinese renminbi: an unmatched opportunity for Qatar?
- Qatar tightens cap on banks' securities investments
- Is the Chinese-Russian historic, $400 billion deal about to change the gas market forever?
- Emirates Money given licence to redefine consumer finance in the UAE